Friday 15 September 2017

Comfort Zones

Hi Guys ,


Well I know its been a while but I have been a busy little Bee , I'll let you know why down below just in a sec :)


As the title says I'm here to talk about comfort Zones and pushing them , as humans its our nature to stay in routine as that's were we are most COMFY , but when we step out side our boundaries a little bit at a time that is when ordinary turns into EXTRA- ordinary and that can be when we inspire others .



So as we speak (or read should I say ) I am currently Travelling to Derry on the train as I am in the Final of Miss Intercontinental Ireland 2017 , to say my nerves are one is an understatement Lads I'm bricking it .To be in the top 20 and to be representing Dublin I take great pride for coming this far , If someone had of told me a year ago I would be travelling on a train by myself to Derry to compete for a title for Ireland I possibly would have laughed in there face , but here we are Friday 15th of September and I am completely out of my comfort zone .






The competition is a weekend event starting with Canapes and cocktails , down to an interview with dinner and drinks and on Sunday the 17th The Final were my self and 19 other Gorgeous ladies will hopefully have great fun in taking part for the Title of Miss Intercontinental Ireland 2017 , I have never done anything like this in my life and I potentially will make a fool of myself by turning the wrong way or saying something ridiculous but its a learning curve and a great experience and one I am sure will be Beneficial .


I had considered backing out as I don't look like your "typical " pageant girl , but maybe that is my unique point , I believe you should be yourself and it takes years to love yourself and after losing all the weight my body is far from perfect it wobbles and I have scars and stretch marks but I am the reason I have gotten this far .
The Final contains three rounds - First Opening number were we must wear a black dress LBD I feel okay about this as I have a dress that makes me feel comfortable so that is half the battle

Second round - is Swimwear and being completely honest this is were I am least confident the other girls have competed before and the are all gorgeous girls with tiny waists and I am by no means bashing that I think all shapes and sizes are Fabulous , But as I said my Body is far from perfect but its mine and i need to embrace it and although ill be done up to the nines my heart will be in my throat standing onstage in a swimsuit but all I can do is try .


Third round - Evening wear I have a floor lent gown which I have worn before but again i makes me feel amazing weather I look it or not and if you feel comfy and confident it comes across on stage and I am doing this competition as me I am not trying to be someone else so I can only do my best .



Anyone famous has pushed there comfort zones otherwise they wouldn't be were they are today  so that little sick feeling in your belly can be good use it to spur you on and yes okay I am not saying its always gong to pay of but sometimes the risk is worth it , you have to fight a little for what you want at times .

Katrina Kelly from Push make up and Cut Social gave me great advice that I am good enough to be there and that I need to believe in myself and that nerves are a good thing as it means you want something , she also told me to be myself and I think as long as you can say that you were then there is no greater Achievement , so thank you Katrina I admire your work ethic and positive spirit .



I am not expecting to win Miss Inter-continental Ireland 2017 but it has already given me so much confidence and belief in myself that anything else is an absolute bonus , so who knows I could be coming back to Dublin a winner of a title as the are a couple too win but even if I don't I have seen what happens when you take yourself out of your little box and where it can bring you .



So please if there is anything you want to do grab it with both hands as one day you'll wake up with regrets saying if only I had of , and that is what we don't want .

What is your comfort Zone ???


I want to take this time to thank every single person who wished me well it means so much more than you will ever know and to know you have a great support system behind you is a great feeling , my family are right behind me .


On the up side even if I don't win I'm off to my brothers Wedding in Nerja so its not a bad consolation prize hahah


as usual you can follow me on snapchat :glamglitzybitz and all other social media platforms


Mwah



No comments:

Post a Comment