Monday 12 June 2017

Make up Course - I'm a MUA

Hi , Guys hope your all keeping well , I'm delighted to share with you all I'm a qualified make up artist , best throw MUA at the end of my name now :) :) :) .
                                                         

I said I'd do a review of the course once it finished , so we will just get straight into it ,


                            This is the course i did , a beginners introduction to make- up                                                                  

I started the course 5 weeks ago , its based in Dublin and Bray with a lovely lady called Grainne , she is very talented and super chatty which was a delight .The course included a PLouise inspired look , glam night time look , festival , a brown smokey eye and then a smokey using bold colours .
We also got a demo week in Inglot to see a demo http://glamandglitzybitz.blogspot.ie/2017/05/inglot-demo.html  check out the link if you want to see the look did on the night .


We also got 2 eye make up brushes with the course from clicknmakeup  a fluffy blender and a detailer brush who are now my best friends hahahaha.The brushes are a fab pink handle with rose gold detailing there by an Irish brand so always good to support your own .

                                                         

Grainne jumped straight in from week one and we viewed a brown smokey eye , she went into dept with the small tips and tricks to make the application nice and easy while still looking great . My own make up routine changed after the first week as you think you do make up properly but once you do a course you realise there is a million different ways to use products and how to apply them .Like before this course I would have never used a lip liner as an eye pencil or a blush as a shadow but there's no stopping me now , here I come haha

                                                             Week 1 browns and golds

The second week we got a PLouise inspired week , if you have not heard of Plouise you need to check them out they are a UK based make up academy who just take make up to a whole other level one day i hope to train with them myself .this link is to a lemon sparkle eye look and it is just drop dead gorgeous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw9i9Pj1aHA&t=39s she is just unreal .

                                                                Week 2 Bold eyes


Week three was our visit to Inglot were we got a demo of  the "inglot eye" which included pigments and shimmers , we also received 20% of in store that night which is a big help when starting of in make up I've left the link above if you want to check the look out .


                                                        Week 3 Inglot
On the fourth week we just enhanced the typical smokey eye and just went flew blown smokey eye so Grainne demoed the whole shabang liner, pigments , blown out black underneath and on the corner of the eye , this look is a bit tricky as black makes me nervous and it kind of goes everywhere so it was great to practise this look .
                                                     Week 4 get your smoke on

Festival look was the final week and this is great fun as you can be as dramatic as you want and put glitter everywhere and its perfectly okay plus you can go OTT on lashes which we all love .This look you can let your creative side run free and just go for it , was great fun so ill have to get my creative juices flowing :P    
                                                           Festival season



The course cost €250 with €50 non-refundable deposit ,at the start i was a bit sceptical as normally the price indicates the value of the course but for the price i said I'd give it a bash even if it helps me advance doing my own make up , but I must say I learnt so much from this course it might be short and sweet but Grainne has it tailored so that you learn what you need to know and practise during class where her and her team help you out which ever way they can .

Grainne also does one-to-one lessons €60 a session where you can tell her what you need help with and you can concentrate on perfecting it , you also get to use her  entire make up kit in the class which would have you broke after buying it all LOL. She also offers other advance course throughout the year so i might be attending another one .
                                                       

I would highly recommend this course if your looking to go free lance or just develop your own skills , you can pay money off up un till week 3 so it's very accommodating and you are under no pressure to practise on someone else you can do the make up on yourself in class which i know some of the girls found more relaxing .

My biggest challenge now is to perfect liner so fingers crossed we can master that , if anyone has any questions do not hesitate to ask .
                                                                  I love a dark lip

                                                          I look so dopey here haha
you can find Grainne's page on face book under Grainne OB MUA and all he information is there just Pm her that's all I did , and I am happy I did



As usual come say hello ; snapchat - glamglitzybitz
                                           facebook -glamandglitzybitz
                                          instagram- glamandglitzybitz
                                              twitter -@sarahglamglitzy

No comments:

Post a Comment